Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 10

Her security blanket- a small white towel! 

                                                Pictures taken at the park today.



















Playing in our room.

                                       My favorite picture of the day!  Emma smiling!
                                                At dinner with our friends.
Just hanging with daddy on the bed.
 
Hello all!  Today we toured a little bit of Guangzhou.  We went to the Lychee Bay Park.  It was beautiful!  There were many pretty decorations for Chinese New Year.  It was a bit cooler today- but we didn't realize this until we had already left the hotel.  So tomorrow we will make sure to bundle up a bit more!   This morning and afternoon Emma had a rough day!  She has not had a bowel movement since "gotcha day" on Monday!!   All day she was trying so hard to poop!  I felt so bad for her.  I did bring a jar of baby prunes- which she has had yesterday and today.  She finally pooped this evening-yeah!  So hopefully she will be feeling better!  We went to the playroom inside the hotel with our friends and their little girl Elise.  Elise had a great time playing- she is already 2!  Emma walked around a bit while holding my hand.  After, we all went back to the italian restaurant for some more pizza.  Emma had good old cheerios and a little bit of rice cereal with formula.  Everyone enjoyed themselves!  Emma was super talkative!  She must have said "da da" at least 6 times or more!  This evening she was really interactive.  She is coming out of her shell day by day.  Well, I am going to get some rest as we have a busy day tomorrow--- the safari park!  Enjoy the pictures!

11 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the photos. They haven't shown up yet.
    Love, Sharee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your my friend when u post about pooop....lol

    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colorful pictures!

    urtle

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are great.
    Love, Sharee

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Emma is feeling better with her little tummy trouble. Poor darling! Your pictures bring tears to my eyes. I was thinking about the second phone conversation we had. It is so wonderful to witness families coming together. Enjoy the safari park! We thought it was better than anything we ever saw in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!poop!!! An adoptive mothers dream!!!! Love te pics and you are seeing way more than we dd in GZ!! I'm jealous! Hahaha hope the safari is good!! Love all of Emma's headbands!! They are beautiful!!! How fun is it dressing a girl?!?!? :) well still loving the pictures!!! Thank you and cant wait to see what tomorrow holds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see more pictures...everything looks so beautiful and you guys seem to be having a blast. I am so happy to see Emma adjusting well. She is such a lucky girl to have you guys as a family. Wait till I tell you about another couple who went to China to adopt. It's just sad. I hope you haven't seen anything like I will tell you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these photos Pam! She truly is such a doll. I love that their are photos of her smiling now. It seems like she is doing so well! I also love seeing that she's attached to that white towel. Did she bring it with her from the orphanage or is it from your hotel? I remember hearing about those from one of the yangxi groups. Just nice to know she has a comfort item :) The highlight of my day is waking up and checking your blog :) You seem to post as I'm feeding the kids breakfast so now I know when to look for it :) See ya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all the photos... so glad she done the MAGIC poo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emma is a sweetie!

    I remember when I was waiting for my daughter reading that often our little ones enjoy holding onto face clothes or towels as that is what they normally sleep on in their cribs. It's a texture that is familiar and comforting to them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad things are "moving" with Emma. Such a relief when that happens. My gosh she is just so gorgeous.

    The photos are fabulous.

    How are the boys doing with the adjustment ?

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete