Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 7

Hi everyone!  Today was a great day!  Emma is officially ours!  She has been doing a pretty good job.  She is very good so far- only a little whimpering here and there!  Last night I put her to sleep- and after about 20 minutes she was asleep!  Believe it or not... she slept the whole night!  I even had to wake her up!  Hopefully tonight will be the same!  So after completing the adoption on the China part we came back to the hotel and she napped.  Then we walked around the island, bought a stroller, and met up with another couple and their daughter whom I knew from one of my "adoption" blogs.  We ended up eating dinner at an Italian restaurant.  It was very good but a bit pricey.  It was really nice having dinner with them and talking.  I am getting a bit tired so I will leave you with the best part.... pictures!

                                                         At the buffet breakfast.
                                                                       In the lobby.
                                                              My FAVORITE picture!
Having dinner with a family I met on one of the adoption websites I know.
                                                       Emma and Elise hanging out!
                                          Our family photo taken at the Civil Affairs Office.
                  Posing in front of a tangerine tree that is a decoration for Chinese New Year.
                      Taking a picture with one of the many statues that are here on the island.
This is the menu from the restaurant- notice the "main cause"- We thought this was funny!
                                                     Boys having fun with their napkins!

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Emma is doing so well. You all look like you are doing great! It is such a joy to witness families being made. We never tried that Italian restaurant. Have you been to Lucy's yet or the Cow & Bridge (I still crave their food to this day - it is amazing)! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear about your time there. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!!!! I want one!!!!! Fat chance (LOL) I think we have our hands full for now. Maybe someday you can convince Ralph that 3 is a great number! Beautiful pics!! I couldn't wait to log in this morning to see what you had posted. Hoping you have as great a night as last night's.

    ralph and tere masso

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing Adam wearing a Big Brother League shirt. How awesome!
    Awww, you all so so cute together. I get so excited when I know it is time for an update.
    Hoping everything keeps going this well. Enjoy every second of it.

    Have I mentioned today that your daughter is beautiful and looks great in bows? Well she is and she does.

    Hugs to all,
    us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam..glad to hear she is adjusting. She is so soooooooooooooo adorable. I have shared your blog with ms. christmas and other friends. Everyone agrees that u r doing something amazing. Can't wait to show the boys more photos. Can't wait to hear more and for your return.

    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds as if things are going wonderful! I LOVE how girlie girl Emma is already! I know how it is only dressing boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome... I must say... go to see Jordan... he is up a street that is not far from the White Swan... his prices are a little more but he does Calligraphy for the baby if you ask him (free) and everything is 'clean' and 'organized'... I know the Italian restaurant you are talking about... we were there too... I loved the Thai restaurant 'Cow and Bridge'... also the massages at the building at the back of the island near the canal... there were $10 for an hour massage though tell them you want a soft one cause they are rough :) Afterwards though... heavenly :) Oh how I wish I were there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma is beautiful...She look so big...I love her fashion look..My blessing are send ur way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks so great! I am so ready to be there! Our Article 5 was supposed to be picked up today, so tell Cordelia to please get that rolling :) Marielle

    ReplyDelete