Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 9

Hello again from Guangzhou!  Today was a fantastic day with Emma!  We enjoyed our buffet breakfast then walked over to the herb and pet market with our guide.  After that we went to a huge mall (5 stories) where they sold jade and pearls and many other items.  Of course we purchased pearls for Emma when she gets older!  We then went to a Cantonese restaurant to enjoy an authentic meal.  We told our guide Cordelia the type of food we liked and then she attempted to order things we might like.  My mom and I really enjoyed all the food.  After eating we headed back to the hotel.  We were out from about 10:00am - 4:00pm.  Emma did a great job today.  She barely whimpered and had lots of smiles this afternoon.  Her favorite thing to do is hold your fingers while she walks around the room.  We must have gone from room to room for at least 1.5 hours! We decided to stay in tonight since we were out all day long.  It is now 9:00pm and I am ready for bed.  My back is aching from holding Emma!  But I can't complain... she has been sleeping perfectly- all night long!  Enjoy today's pictures.  Thanks for all the comments!  I enjoy reading them each morning when I wake up!

                                    Crossing over a bridge to get to the herb market.
                The herb market had store after store of all types of herbs and things!

                                             Anyone care for a lizard on a stick?
                                                 Noah looking at the fish.


                                                This is the mall we went to.
                                         Emma sleeping in her stroller during lunch!
                                                   Lunch- it was really good!






                   All time favorite picture for today!  Emma smiling while walking!      

9 comments:

  1. Oh my!!!!! What a big and beautiful smile!!! She is just so beautiful and I bet there will be many more smiles to come! She can feel all of our love!!! The boys look like they are having a Good time and taking everything in! I'm so glad all is going pretty good! I hope you did get to go to sleep and get some rest! I love ,love the pictures And I too look as soon as I wake up! Not many more days left and then you get to come home!! Take care of yourself and I hope you all stay well!! Yay!! Love the pics!! Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love the last pic too! She seems to have a very easy-going personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that everyone went on this trip. I think it makes it that more meaningful and gives the boys a real connection to emma and appreciation for her and u guys. Glad everyone is having an amazing cultural experience. I totally love emma s smile. Can't wait to meet her. Love, yvette and boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, lizard on a stick? Ewww. But I think you should bring a couple back for the boys to take to school. LOL

    Emma is just so happy and I love reading all the posts. I am re-living China through you right now.

    Hi to everyone.
    Get some rest and enjoy the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet pics! The bow is adorable!

    How fun to have a day to soak up things of China including, 'lizard on a stick?!' Heh...don't think I remember seeing those at the grocery store last nigh!

    Hope you have another wonderful day together today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the memories.... Love all the stories and adventures... Love that al is going well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the smile!!!! Only 1 week left!!! Enjoy it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the smiles. She looks so comfortable with you already. I am so glad everyone is doing so well. I can't wait to read each day how things are going, and I am so, so happy for you. Our Article 5 was transferred to the China center today, so we will be in your shoes soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures and info--it brightens each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam....she is so adorable and so happy. Many blessings to the family. Hope you continue to enjoy
      yourselves and soon you will be home...Tell Nana I miss
      her very, very much!!!

      Delete