Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

We Are Cabled!

This morning I received an email from the NVC(National Visa Center) telling me that we were "cabled" today.  Basically that means our petition to adopt Emma has been sent to the appropriate visa-issuing post(the US consulate in China) where the adoption will take place.  I am sooooo happy!  One step closer to getting Emma.  All we have left are two more steps!

1.  The US Embassy in China will review Emma's Visa application.  This will take exactly two weeks!
2.    China will review all US approvals & give us the ok to travel to pick up Emma(TA-travel approval).  This takes just about three weeks!  By the end of December we should have our TA! 
WOOHOO!

5 comments:

  1. I looked on here just to make sure you didn't forget to tell me something and LOOK!! YOU DID!!! :) I am sooo glad that you are this far!!!I am still holding hope that you can leave by Christmas, even though it is a long shot...I can still hope for you!!! YAY!!! Hold on Emma...momma is coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It seems to be flying by now! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I hope you get a quick drop off. Our PDF came last thursday and still NO DROP OFF!! Apparently our agency send the i800 via 5 day mail to beijing then to GZ. So it just got to GZ on Monday and somehow the contact didn't drop it off on tuesday. Anyway, we are getting close!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this news!
    So happy that things are moving along.

    ReplyDelete